How to Install Premium Modules with License Keys
As of September, 2015, we've updated our shopping cart to give you the ability to receive updates on your premium modules directly in your Plugins Dashboard. That's a killer new feature for us and one that should improve your experience with AWPCP tremendously.
In order to be able to send those updates automatically, we need you to use a License Key for each premium module you install. This tells our install server who to notify when an update is available.
Here's how to install a premium module with the license key step:
- Install the premium module as a plugin (manually) the first time. Do this as follows:
- Download your purchased file as a ZIP file
- Login to your WP Dashboard as an administrator
- Click on Plugins->Add New
- Now click on Upload at the top
- When the file dialog appears, find the ZIP you just downloaded on your local computer
- When the upload completes, activate the plugin to complete the process
- Once the module is active, you will see this notice at the top of your admin screen
- Click on that to go to the License tab under Classifieds->Settings
- On that tab you should see an entry matching the name of the module you just uploaded, copy and paste the key you were given in the email that is associated to the product. It's a long sequence of numbers and letters that looks like nonsense.
- Click "Activate License" right next to it
- It will show "License Activated" at the bottom when it's complete. You're all set!
IMPORTANT: If you bought the Pro pack and you have a single ZIP, you need to unzip that Pro pack FIRST and then perform the steps above with each of the ZIP files contained inside. If you got an email with individual download links, download each one and follow the steps above.