This tab represents most of the settings revolving around the ads themselves.
Notifications: This section represents what kind of email notices you want sent out with AWPCP. You (the admin) can be notified of the following:
- New ads posted
- Ad expired
Users can be notified of:
- Posted ads
- Expired ads
- Expiring ads (giving them a chance to renew). You can set the threshold when you want these renew emails to go out in days.
Moderation: This section controls how you want to handle ads after items are posted. You can do the following here:
- Only admin can post ads: Prevents the Place Ad link from working and displaying. Only you (admin) can post anything.
- Disable ad until admin approves: Once an ad is submitted, you must Approve it in the Listings panel or the Ad Management panel. Great way to moderate Free classified boards.
- Waiting Approval Message: What gets displayed to the user if you have “Disable ad until admin approves” selected after the user posts their ad.
- Prevent ads from being posted in top level categories: This keeps the ads in subcategories. For example, if you have a “For Sale” top category, and under that category you have “Cars”, “Trucks” and “Trailers” as subcategories, turning this option on will prevent users from posting in “For Sale”, but not the others.
- Enable paid ads that are pending payment: Automatically approves ads for a paid classified board, even when you’re not sure of the payment status. Turning on this option allows people who paid but are awaiting eCheck approval to see their ad right away.
- Free ads expiration threshold: This number is the number of days you allow free ads to be posted in your board. 0 means “forever”. If you are running a paid board, this option is completely ignored. See the section on Admin: Fees for how to configure a paid classified board.
- Disable expired ads instead of deleting them: Normally, when an ad expires, it is deleted from the database. If you would prefer to have these ads preserved, check this option instead.
Layout & Presentation: This section controls options regarding the display of pages and ads on the front end.
- Thumbnail width: The width of thumbnail images created by AWPCP during upload, displayed for the Browse Ads page.
- Display this text above ad detail: On the Place Ad page, above the Description field, this text will be listed. By default, we populate it with “No HTML Allowed”. You can customize this however you like.
- Maximum ad length: The number of characters that can be entered in the Description field for Place Ad.
Layout & Presentation: (continued)
- Ad Listing Page Layout: This is the HTML template, read by AWPCP and substituted at runtime with all of the data shown as field codes (e.g. $ad_title, which will substitute the actual Ad Title information submitted in the ad). You can change the order of this layout, or even use different fields, add your own custom CSS classes or styles to make the ad layout look the way you want. You can safely add, change or delete field codes in this template to suit your needs as long as they match the list below (and are supported for that view)–AWPCP doesn’t require any of them to be present. The provided template is merely a suggestion–but the template must remain valid HTML (no broken tags, all tags must match). See valid field codes below.
- Single Ad Page Layout: The same as ad listing, but for the Show Ad page instead.
Translation note: If you are translating strings, you must translate these templates as well, since they contain English labels for fields.
Valid Field Codes for AWPCP
Single Ad Page:
Layout & Presentation: (continued)
- Group ad listings by: Changes how you want the ads sorted by on the Browse Ads page.
- Group ad listings search results by: Changes how you want the ads sorted by on the Search Ads page.
- Default number of ads per page: The number of ads displayed on the Browse Ads and Search Ads page
- Limit search to available locations: If you use this option, AWPCP will attempt to build a list of locations used by previous ad posters for city, state and country (if you display those fields). However, if people enter garbage data (e.g. austin, Austen and Austin for the city “Austin, TX”) it will display all options available. If you want true region limitations for ad posters and browsers, we suggest installing the Regions Control module instead.
- Show ad count in categories: On the Browse Categories and View Categories pages, the Category name is displayed. If you turn this option on, it will also list the number of ads in that category next to the name in parenthesis (e.g. “For Sale (12)”). Default is on.
- Show ad views: Whether to display the “This ad was viewed X times”.
- Make URLs in ad text clickable: If someone uses “http://” in an ad, this setting will attempt to make it a clickable link if you turn it on. This is a setting you can turn on to allow people to put in additional links without the risk of full HTML usage (from the setting above). Use with caution, as spammers can really go crazy if they find your site.
- Add no follow to links in ads: Puts rel=”nofollow” to your links which neutralizes the value of classified ads to spammers. Default is on (recommended)
Menu Items: Here, we control which links to display at the top of the Place Ad page. They are all enabled by default, but you can customize this however you like depending on your board’s needs.