June 13, 2020
hello everybody, its not that big a deal but it just annoys me and id like to fix it if possible
when you go into any catogory the main title starts on the second line at the side of the picture, you can see in my picture the red space that i want to use, is it possible to fix this
also is it possible to move the date and price to under the main title, ideally removing the date altogether and have 2 lines of text below the picture
thanks is advance
September 4, 2013
Thanks for your post -- I'm sorry to hear that you ran into issues with this!
We have 3 options for customizing the look of the classifieds.
1) First is custom CSS to do basic tweaks like fonts, spacing and colors -- this would work for the first issue you described with the spacing. While we can't provide exact code for that, here is an article about how to use custom CSS with AWPCP in a way that doesn't get overwritten on upgrade of AWPCP: http://awpcp.com/forum/faq/how.....ith-awpcp/
2) For more adventurous and layout-based changes, you can change the layout templates of the plugin, which are located under Classifieds->Settings, Ad/Listing tab under Single Ad Layout and List Ads Layout. The layout is just HTML with field codes to expand when the page loads. Full field code reference is also available to help.
You'll want to choose this option for removing that date field -- you can customize what is displayed in the ads by using and/or removing field codes and adding HTML to improve the layout. We have a whole list of those here, and you can remove the date by removing $awpcpadpostdate https://awpcp.com/forum/faq/valid-field-codes/
3) But if that’s not enough, you can go full-bore and customize anything in the plugin if you have the proper skill set: http://awpcp.com/documentation.....ion-guide/
As of AWPCP 3.6, we also have Hooks and Filters in that customization guide to leverage as well.
If you aren’t technical then there are a few great resources to help you out here.
1) Tilden Tasks: https://tildentasks.com/ They will also do longer WordPress tasks, but they break it down to 1 task per day.
2) Codeable, which has WordPress expert developers available for short-term projects: https://codeable.io/
3) The last option would be hiring a developer on Upwork (formerly known as oDesk) to help out if you think this is beyond your current skill set. http://upwork.com There's a lot of decent folks on there as well. Fiverr.com is becoming popular as well.
I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or issues!
Most Users Ever Online: 426
Currently Browsing this Page:
Johnny B: 140
NAIN KHAN: 93
Patrik R: 78
Guest Posters: 111
Newest Members:Terrie Sebastian, Claire Kingston, Corine Marsden, Connie Plunkett, Jacques Sidney, Deanne Withrow, Dalton Terrell, NicholeA, Erma Midgette, Travis Thayer
Moderators: awpcp: 7530, AWPCP Support: 6175, Bobbie Devereux: 3
Administrators: wpengine: 0, awpcp: 300