December 8, 2017
hello each other,
since the upgrade to awpcp 4.0 and 4.0.2 some texts are no longer translated into german. e.g. http://www.jobspringer.de/job-.....-aufgeben/
Enter Ad Information
Category and owner selection
Please select a category for your ad*
Who is the owner of this ad?*
Search for ads containing this word or phrase:
For ads posted by
thank you very much for your help
September 4, 2013
Thank you for your post. Sorry that you ran into issues with this!
With version 4.0, many new strings were added to the plugin. You can update your file and add the new translations by following the instructions here:
How do I add new strings to my custom translation file for AWPCP?
If you are using a custom translation for your language is very likely that your PO file will become outdated when a new version of the plugin is released. Follow the instructions below to update your custom translation file to include an up to date list of strings to translate:
- Open existing translation file (another-wordpress-classifieds-plugin-de_DE.po, for example) using Poedit.
- Go to the Catalog menu and choose the Update from POT File sub menu.
- Use the Open File dialog to open the file another-wordpress-classifieds-plugin.pot, included in the languagesdirectory of AWPCP.
- Poedit will report how many strings were added and how many are obsolete. Click Ok to complete the update.
- Your custom PO file should be now updated. The status bar at the botton of Poedit will show the total number of strings in the translation file, as well as how many are pending translation and how many were automatically translated using fuzzy match.
- Strings that are not translated and those that were automatically translated need to be updated.WordPress does not recognize translations that are marked as fuzzy, so you need to updated or manually mark them as not-fuzzy.
If you edit a fuzzy translation, it gets marked as non-fuzzy automatically, but that can also be done using the Needs Work button in Poedit’s UI. Clicking the button toggles the fuzzy status of the selected string.
- Make sure POEdit is configured to generate a .mo file when you save your PO file. The .mo file is a compiled version of the translations file and is the file WP will read to get translations for the plugin.
- Finally, save the catalog and make sure to copy both the .po and .mo files to the languages/ directory inside AWPCP plugin folder.
The full documentation is here: https://awpcp.com/knowledge-base/translate-awpcp-native-language-modify-labels-awpcp/
Most Users Ever Online: 163
Currently Browsing this Page:
Johnny B: 140
NAIN KHAN: 93
Guest Posters: 35
Newest Members:BrianerV, Norbert, Sean Mac, Fasopimola, Tim, bila bachtiar, Muhammad Bilal, klikpokervip, Ludovice, Kerofen
Moderators: awpcp: 7530, AWPCP Support: 5581, Bobbie Devereux: 2
Administrators: wpengine: 0, awpcp: 300