"503 Service Unavailable error" when entering ad using PHP 7.3 (no problem with PHP 7.2) | Support Questions | Support Forum

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
"503 Service Unavailable error" when entering ad using PHP 7.3 (no problem with PHP 7.2)
May 3, 2019
8:09 am
Larry D.
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I'm running AWPCP Version 3.9.5 on an up-to-date server running WordPress WordPress 5.1.1 and PHP 7.3. 

When a user tries to place an ad on step "2 Enter Listing Details" and presses "Next", they get the error:

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

If I switch back to PHP 7.2, ads can be placed successfully.

I have looked in the WordPress debug_log and the PHP error_log and there is nothing relevant in there.

Has AWPCP been tested with PHP 7.3? Is there something else I can do to get this to work? I would be glad to give you access to the server if needed.

Thanks in advance for your help and for a truly amazing plugin!

May 3, 2019
8:47 am
AWPCP Support
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 5377

Hi Larry D.,

Thanks for your post and for your kind words -- they are appreciated 🙂

While we normally continuously test PHP versions with AWPCP, it is possible that 7.3 hasn't been tested with the 3.9 versions of the plugin, as we will shortly be releasing version 4.0. However, I'm not at all certain that is the case, so let me get the developer to check that for me and I will post here once he responds. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

May 3, 2019
9:01 am
AWPCP Support
Members

Moderators

Hi Larry D.,

After further consideration, since your error logs don't show anything and the 503 error message might simply be a hosting issue, I'd like to have a developer take a look here. Can we please get WP admin and FTP credentials to your site to look into this further?

We need the following information to debug the issue:
– A link to this forum thread
– WP admin username
– WP admin password
– WP login URL
– FTP username
– FTP password
– FTP servername/IP address

Please be sure that the FTP credentials are ones:
- That point to the WordPress install on the server
- That have full READ and WRITE access to that folder
- That do NOT HAVE UPLOAD restrictions

If we receive credentials that don't match these requirements, it will increase the time we require to debug and repair the issue.

Before you send this information, we strongly recommend that you perform a full site and database backup.  We cannot be responsible for a site's contents if this basic admin operation is not performed.

Contact us with a link to this forum thread and that information here: https://awpcp.com/contact/

May 7, 2019
4:35 pm
AWPCP Support
Members

Moderators

Hi Larry D.,

Thanks for your patience here while we have been working on this issue for you.

The developer has put together a version that should work with 7.3. He'd like you to try it to make sure it works properly for your site. Please contact me with a link to this forum thread and your email information here: https://awpcp.com/contact/

Forum Timezone: America/Denver

Most Users Ever Online: 163

Currently Online:
20 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Johnny B: 140

godie: 120

kerdezo: 99

laburke: 94

NAIN KHAN: 93

salvig67: 84

sctpfwape: 75

rude: 72

purplepaula: 72

gery: 71

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 32

Members: 38187

Moderators: 3

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 4

Topics: 7044

Newest Members:

Mario, Shosal, solodpsd sd, Corey L, KevEd, IRVAN SYAHPUTRA, Sanjay shastriji, Sanjay shastriji, Craft Studio, Bandar Asik99

Moderators: awpcp: 7530, AWPCP Support: 5377, Bobbie Devereux: 0

Administrators: wpengine: 0, awpcp: 300

Skip to toolbar